Ear Training Camp: Develop Your Musical Ear - Ages 10 & Up
Dates: July 17 - July 21
Time: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Size: Maximum of 8 students.
Teacher: Claire Lee
Location: The Music Studio.
Description: Students develop ear training skills through listening analysis, singing and playback exercises, transcribing music and by playing what they have transcribed with a goal of transcribing an entire song. For all students who are able to read treble and bass clef notes.
A Day at Camp:
- Students will be in a group listening format, where the class will listen to different genres of songs and analyze the form, time signature, key, style, instrumentation, etc.
- Break - games such as listening quizzes, singing rounds, and writing a melody will occur during break time.
- Students will be covering a basic music theory such as intervals and chords. They will listen to short phrases of music, then sing the melody, clap the rhythm and play them back on their instruments. Rhythmic and melodic dictation will also be covered.
- Students will listen to a song and analyze it as a class and develop the ability to transcribe and notate the music on manuscript paper.
- Students will play the transcription on their instruments and learn how to approach practicing using aural skills while working on it together in class