Do-Re-Mi Musical Beginnings Camp: Introduce Your Child to Music
Dates: August 21-August 25
Size: Maximum of 7 students
Teacher: Bogdana Scrivens
Location: The Music Studio
No previous musical experience required.
The purpose of this camp is to expose students to their first experience with music learning: singing songs together, learning rhythms by ear (clapping, tapping), exploring various sounds on the keyboard and early introduction to note reading/playing (Do to Sol). The idea is to learn to work as a team through singing and playing on the keyboard.
A CD accompaniment will be added to simple songs involving playing a single note (e.g. Do) and progresses to five notes (Do to Sol). Students will also have time to practice on their own and receive individual guidance before playing together as a group. The teacher will also accompany students on the piano as they sing songs like 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' using the original lyrics as well as solfege. During breaks, students will have an opportunity to participate in games such as flash cards and musical chairs.
A Day at Camp:
- 9:00 am - 10:30 am Morning greeting followed by singing songs together, playing on the keyboard with CD accompaniment
- 10:30 am - 10:45 am Break
- 10:45 am - 12:30 pm Review of morning songs, solfege singing
- 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm Lunch break (Students will bring their own lunch. No nuts please.)
- 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Introduction to new songs, review solfege
- 3:00 pm - 3:15pm Break
- 3:15 pm - 4:30 pm Review songs and introduce rhythm clapping
- How to prepare for a recording.
- 4:30 pm - 5:00 pm Final performance of selected pieces and a goodbye song
By the end of the 5 days, students will have learned Do to Sol. They will prepare several songs for a final performance.
Call The Music Studio at 416.234.9268 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited so register early. Payment in full is due at registration. Extended drop-off and pick-up times are available.