Piano Camp: Discover New Ideas & Skills at the Piano
Dates: July 24-July 28
Size: Maximum of 5 students
Teacher: Ali Berkok
Location: The Music Studio
At least one year of piano piano lessons required.
Each student will visit the following topics: solo repertoire (individual and supervised practice), piano ensemble repertoire (piano 4, 6 and perhaps 8 hands repertoire), jazz or pop songs learned by rote and ear as an ensemble, improvisation. Students will also have a chance to "practice teach" each other/offer input and criticism in an open, non-judgemental environment.
The goals for each student in the camp are to prepare 1 solo performance, 1 ensemble performance, 1 ensemble jazz or pop song performance and 1 improvisation. All of these performances will be recorded. Break times will include listening to and discussing music.
A Day at Camp:
- 10am-Check-in and improvisation workshop.
- 11am- Solo repertoire briefing/solo practice.
- 12pm- Lunch (Students bring their own lunch. No nuts please.)
- 12:30pm- Jazz and/or pop song workshop.
- 1:30pm- Piano ensemble repertoire.
- 2:30pm- Masterclass and free performance time.