The Music Studio Difference
Since 1990, The Music Studio in Etobicoke (Toronto) has focused on offering the best in music education, customer service and value for money. We believe that these themes are reflected in the examples below and in the relationships we build with our students. We invite you to experience The Music Studio difference for yourself.
- Equal focus on many musical styles including: Classical, Jazz, Rock and World music.
- Students involved in music programs at school will have their school music reinforced during their lessons.
- The Music Studio has an extensive ensemble program featuring Classical, Jazz and Rock ensembles.
- Our innovative Play-In-The-Band Ensemble features a computer-assisted learning environment.
- The Music Studio's comprehensive Hand Drumming program is available in private lesson and workshop formats.
- Our early childhood music program, Music in Motion, for children six months to 10 years of age offers small, age-appropriate classes that are stimulating and fun.
- Students in our Music Theatre program learn singing, dancing and acting skills from popular Broadway shows.
- Our innovative Connecting Through Music Program, offers a supportive environment in which children and adults with conditions such as autism and Down syndrome learn life skills through music.
- Public speaking classes are available at The Music Studio to help you or your child develop this important skill.
- There is no registration fee for any of our programs.
- The Music Studio's Songwriting program encourages aspiring songwriters to create a song of their own.
- Dedicated, academically trained teachers with performance experience.
- High teacher retention rate is reflected in the quality and consistency of our programs.
- Most of our new students are referred to us by our students, their parents and by school music teachers.
- Students are matched with teachers based upon their musical requirements and personality.
- New students, or their parents, may speak with their teacher before registering to discuss their personalized course of study.
- We offer convenient lesson times and make every effort to schedule lessons for members of the same family at the same time.
- Students receive a welcome package that includes a free music folder and lesson notebook.
- For the convenience of our students, method books and music accessories that they require for their lessons are sold at The Music Studio in Etobicoke (Toronto).
- All students have the opportunity to perform at The Music Studio's annual student recital. This free event features two days of musical performances and is presented at The Assembly Hall which is a professional concert facility located in Etobicoke.
- Students may perform at a variety of community events and music festivals throughout the year.
- Ensemble students perform at The Music Studio's annual Ensemble Concert.
- We have a comfortable waiting area with a selection of magazines for children and adults. The waiting area also features free Wi-Fi for your enjoyment.
- Wi-Fi is also available so that teachers may access music-related web sites to enhance their students' learning experience.
- The Music Studio offers a professional, well-equipped learning environment that was designed for our needs, and which features lighting that simulates natural, outdoor light.
- Classes are held in The Music Studio’s Ensemble Room which includes professional mics, amps, keyboards and drums.