The Music Studio offers a wide variety of private instruction in Classical, Popular, Jazz and World Music for children and adults. You can begin your lessons at any time during the year.
Personalized private instruction is offered for children and adults for:
Vocal, Piano, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Songwriting, Hand Drums, Flute, Saxophone, Clarinet, Trumpet, Trombone, French Horn, Baritone, Tuba, Violin, Viola, Cello, Theory, Harmony, Music History and Connecting Through Music
Students at The Music Studio have many performance opportunities during the year. View the venues and events.
If you are involved in your school music program, your teacher at The Music Studio in Etobicoke (Toronto) will enhance the skills you are learning in class.
Students may register for private instruction at any time during a session with lessons being charged on a pro-rated basis. There is no registration fee for any of The Music Studio's programs. Your private lesson teacher will contact you to answer any questions you may have about your lessons. He or she will also arrange a convenient lesson time for you. Day and evening lesson times are available.
To register for lessons with one of our friendly and professional teachers or to receive more information, please contact us and we would be happy to answer your questions. You can also speak with your teacher before beginning your lessons.
The Music Studio's motto, "Instruction by Professionals" conveys the fact that we are dedicated to the teaching and performance of music. We received our training at respected universities and colleges and have gained performance experience in a variety of musical styles. The Music Studio has a high teacher retention rate which contributes to the quality and consistency of our programs. For more information, please visit the Teaching Staff page.
Private Lesson Fees
Monthly fees are charged based on the following rates and vary according to the number of lesson days in each month:
30 minute private lessons - $36.00 per lesson.
45 minute private lessons - $54.00 per lesson.
60 minute private lessons - $72.00 per lesson.
Lesson fees are prorated for new students who begin their lessons part way through a month. Please see The Music Studio's private lesson payment schedule.
Semi-private lessons are available for students of the same age and skill level. The fee for a 30 minute semi-private lesson is $54.00.
Payment Options for Private Lessons
- Cheque - Post-dated cheques dated for the first day of each month within a session are due at your first lesson of each session. Cheques are payable to your teacher.
- Interac e-Transfer - Payment is made directly to your teacher.
- Credit Card - The Music Studio will charge your credit card on the first day of each month for your weekly lessons in that month. To pay using automatic billing, you must provide The Music Studio with your credit card information at registration
- Monthly payments - Monthly, in-person, payments by cash, cheque or Interac e-Transfer may be accepted but must be arranged at the time of registration.
- Each week within a given session of lessons is to be paid for.
- The Music Studio in Etobicoke (Toronto) has a 24-hour cancellation policy for private lessons. No make-up lesson will be given for lessons cancelled with less than 24-hours notice.
- Each student may re-schedule a maximum of two lessons per session (Fall/Winter, Winter/Spring and Summer) when those lessons are cancelled with 24-hours notice. Lessons cancelled beyond the per session maximum will be charged and no make-up lesson given.
- A missed lesson cannot be applied as a credit towards future lessons.
- All lessons cancelled by a student's teacher will be re-scheduled as a make-up lesson.
- Make-up lessons may be scheduled at any time until August 31st of each year.
- A student's lesson time cannot be guaranteed if he or she is absent for more than two weeks, unless payment has been received for the lessons to be missed.
- A student's lessons may be suspended if payment is not received in a timely manner.
- There is a $10.00 service charge for all NSF cheques.
Refunds for private instruction are given with one week's notice to your teacher. Any remaining post-dated cheques will be returned to you.
Royal Conservatory of Music Examinations
For information regarding RCM examinations, visit www.rcmexaminations.org.